Re: [CQ-Contest] Hy-Gain DRC-1 manual needed

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Hy-Gain DRC-1 manual needed
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 07:07:08 -0500
At 23:44 08-09-07, Rex Maner wrote:
>John  did you try to do a GOOGLE  search for  Hy-Gain drc-1 ??
>
>http://www.hy-gain.com/man/pdf/3501BA.pdf
>
>John  this might be what your looking for..
>
>Rex  K7QQ

Hi, Rex--

Yep, I have tried GOOGLE and I have this manual.  It is for the rotator
itself and includes some info on the selsyn-style (old-fashioned!)
control head.  I have a number of these old control heads as well,
but I am looking for the manual for the DIGITAL control head for
the 3501 that "talks" to the rotator over a 2-wire system.

I also have the military manual for the 3501 rotator somewhere, which
is much bigger but does not contain any info on this DRC-1 digital
control head.

Actually I had never seen a controller like this one before, so never
knew they even existed until I received this one yesterday.  And
it says Telex Hy-Gain on it, so it is a bit more recent than all of
the old 3501 rotators that I have seen that just say Hy-Gain on them
and were manufactured prior to the acquisition by Telex.

It must be pretty rare because I got nowhere with GOOGLE -- which
is why I reluctantly came to the CQ-Contest reflector asking for
some help.

Thanks  --John  W0UN