[CQ-Contest] SSCW DST and DOS and CT

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SSCW DST and DOS and CT
From: "Art Boyars" <art.boyars@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 10:22:14 -0400
Catching up with the thread, I see "how to" advice for undoing DST in
Windows-based systems.  My shack computer is an old 488 PC that boots into DOS
from which I run CT.  The machine does have Windows 3.1, but I think that does
not matter.  Does DOS (6.something, I believe) do DST, and, if yes, how do I
overide it?

That was the serious question.  Now, with tongue in cheek ...

With SS starting 1 hour later on DST and ending on time with the change to
standard, does that mean I do will not have to so tightly wind up the spring
motor on that old computer to run the whole contest?

73, Art K3KU