[WriteLog] New Home for www.getscores.org...

To: "Cq-Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>,writelog@contesting.com, support@win-test.com, yccc@yccc.org
Subject: [WriteLog] New Home for www.getscores.org...
From: "Gerry Hull" <gerry@w1ve.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 23:53:34 -0400
Hello All,

It's coming down to the wire for the big contest season.

I've been working for a while to secure a dedicated web server for the
getscores site.   The old location was on a shared server, and during the
big events, results pages would not update quickly.

Thanks to the generosity of David Kopacz, KY1V/6Y1V, CTO of
ASPwebhosting.com, I've been provided a dedicated server with lots of
bandwidth.

I've also been listening to lots of feedback from fellow contesters, and
I've added some features you'll find interesting.

There is now a view called "Just Scores", which will give just basic QSO and
Mult info -- nothing else.  For those purists who like a small window.

Thanks to the availability of CQWW Log data online, I now have a "Compare
Rates" page.  There, you can look at your (or any other station's rate
breakdown for CQWW CW/SSB 2006, or your rate breakdown for the current
contest.)

So, you can watch rates for you and your favorite "battle mate" during a
contest, or, you can battle against your previous rates.   Check it out.

The way posting is set up now is that if you post to a particular contest
BEFORE the contest period, it will show up on the page as posted to the
"TESTING-ONLY" contest.   If you make it to the output, all is well with
your posting program.   Once the actual contest
period starts, it will be logged to the appropriate contest.

The posting URL is http://www.getscores.org/postscore.aspx.   Please update
your "Updating" programs as necessary.

I'm on my way to Jamaica to be part of the 6Y1V team for WW SSB...  Hope to
see you all,...

73, Gerry, W1VE/6Y6C