Re: [CQ-Contest] A Newcomers Question

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A Newcomers Question
From: "Cooper, Stewart" <coopers@odl.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:04:35 -0000
There's always the possibility that he has multiple antennas and there's
a 5 ele monobander pointing at you (with a 2kw+ linear behind it), but
he is listening on a completely different antenna pointing in the
opposite direction (with a 2kw+ linear behind it). You hear the guys
he's working because they are beaming at him, and hence onwards to you,
but he is listening in the the opposite direction).
You also won't hear the loads of other stations that are local to you
calling him, and perhaps getting heard by him.
Stewart
GM4AFF/GM0F