Re: [CQ-Contest] NIL = Not In Log

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NIL = Not In Log
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 21:08:48 -0700
I find it even more ludicruous, when I get a "QSO B4" message from a fellow
running in the 1200 or more Q range, and I have less than 100. I could do a
dupe check faster on paper than he can with a puter, but that isn't necessary,
chances are that by the time he realizes that he missed the Q/mult, then it
really doesn't matter, because I have already logged another Q/mult from his
area. And the time it took him to send QB4, was about the same as it woulda for
the Q, as has been so aptly pointed out. But, if they want to insure that they
think they have the better dupe program, so it is, their loss. Literally. And
one less entry that I have to make/waste time with. So, keep your finner over
the QB4 button, and I will keep mine over the "wipe" button. No problem. It
will likely make no real impact to my score at all.
  However, one tiny little point should be taken into consideration. That the
"offense" wether real or imagined, from the view of a brand new to the sport
member, is real. And may be the single reason for them not to return. ever.
Take the chance. maybe. Is it really worth it? I don't think so.
--... ...--Dale - WC7S in Wy