Re: [CQ-Contest] Level playing fields, heads of pins, and so on

To: "Martin Luther" <luther7@bigpond.com>,"Cq-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Level playing fields, heads of pins, and so on
From: "Trent and Lorraine Sampson" <vk4ti@sampson.net.au>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 20:06:58 +1000
Hi Team,

I can only concur with Martin VK7GN (and this is not VK's hijacking the
argument). I coach field hockey, A1 Men's and women's squads of varying ability
and our local association is one of the most progressive in the world producing
many Australian players, (5 of the current Australian side) Our competition is
based on survival of the fittest...Close to here is a small town that 15 years
ago produced an exceptional crop of juniors who went on to state and national
level. A new committee introduced weighted teams and deleted the club
structure. A player who dominated was moved to weaker sides etc.. Sort of like
making extra categories...Today this once proud and dominant association
struggles to field teams ..whereas Toowoomba has gone from strength to strength.

There is a big bad world out there and healthy competition does bring out the
best and worst in us all.

Categories for me ? SOAB Single Band MS M2 or MM  no others,  no rookie, no
Tribander wires, no Left handed Pygmies' Pirate division..

BTW thanks to all who worked VK4TI in the CQWWSSB and VK4WIL in the Oceania DX
test Phone

Regards
Trent VK4TI

 Trent and Lorraine Sampson
| PO Box 1647 | Toowoomba QLD  | 4350| Mobile 0408 497550
Ham Radio Call Sign : VK4TI