[CQ-Contest] Thank You from the M/S SS Crew of KT0R

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Thank You from the M/S SS Crew of KT0R
From: "Greg Fields" <gwfields@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:59:23 -0600
I wanted to thank the contesting community for many comments we received this
weekend during SS. It seems many of you read my posting about loosing Dave,
KT0R, to cancer in September. We wanted to honor Dave by getting his call sign
assigned to the small club we put together. We plan on using KT0R in some of
Dave's favorite contests plus we want to protect the call in hopes one day one
of his young son's will want it.

We operated at the mighty KT0R station at the urging of Dave's wife, Adrienne.
Our score is posted on 3830 and we are pleased with our first effort. Needless
to say it was more difficult without Dave there to lead us but, we did our
best. We had a good time as a group while remembering Dave during the contest.
K0AD, KE0L, N0HJZ, NR0L, WA2MNO, and myself operated.

What impressed me the most was how many of you stopped to talk with us about
Dave. We received many words of encouragement and support for what we were
doing. Many asked their condolences be passed onto the family. This started
right away in the contest and continued throughout. I wasn't expecting this and
it took me by surprise. The most memorable was when we worked Jay, N4OX, on 40
meters. Jay had a good run frequency going yet, he took a minute of silence to
honor Dave and returned saying, 73 Dave. We put him the speaker so everyone in
the shack could hear it. We were impressed!

The Minnesota Wireless Association showed Dave and his family a lot of support
this Fall and now the contesting community as a whole took time to recognize
Dave during SS. Contesters truly are a community who look out for their own.
What a great group!

73,

Greg K0OB