Re: [CQ-Contest] Asus Eee PC or OLPC XO For Contesting?

To: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Asus Eee PC or OLPC XO For Contesting?
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 10:24:15 -0700
Both sound interesting for their size, especially for outings I enjoy
like Field Day, the Flight of the Bumblebees, or a county expedition in
a QSO party, although contest software for either of them would be
limited.   I've even thought one of the new microcomputers like the OQO2
(see *http://tinyurl.com/2stjxa* ) would be neat (although extremely
pricey) to have for that kind of use.

For normal contest use in the shack, though, I'm not sure small size is
especially desirable, and refurbished laptops with warranty are readily
available for $300 or less from several online sources.  I've even seen
some for about $200 ... i.e.,  *http://tinyurl.com/2vetx9* ... that
would work with many logging programs.

73,
Dave   AB7E