[CQ-Contest] Remote Station

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Remote Station
From: "Martin Monsalvo, LU5DX" <lu5dx@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 09:16:48 -0800 (PST)
As long as you can control your FT1000 MP via a given software, and as long as
you can control the alpha and M2 proppitch via software, and with your home
computer connected to the internet, you should be able to control your station
from anywhere in the world using Remote desktop, or a VPN, or whatever software
that allows you to connect to your home computer.

Regards,.

Martin, LU5DX

Op at LR4E - 2007 ARRL 10 M Contest.

PS: We hope to contact many of you next weekend in the ARRL 10 M contest.
Signlas coming from the States have been peaking between S5 to S9+ on 28 Mhz
for some 4 to 5 hours a day.

NQ4I Wrote:

I am responding back to cq-contest since I got SO Many replies...first of
all thanks to all who responded...this is my thoughts...I want to remote
just one of my stations, the 20m station....when I am gone on long trips, it
would allow me to listen and even talk to some others around the world...the
station now is FT-1000D radio and I could use an Alpha 87A, and I have a
MSquared Proppitch to turn the antenna...the antenna is the 8 elment
yagi...is the FT-1000D capable of this or do I need another
transceiver...I also have FT-1000MP's...I have a very capable network in
place in the station and its hooked to the internet...so that might be the
easy part..I feel a little un-easy here since its an area I have not
explored yet....hi...again thanks de Rick nq4i

Martin, LU5DX
www.5bits.hamfun.com
http://lu5dx.blogspot.com