Re: [CQ-Contest] QSL ethics

To: "J. Allen" <vy1ja@northwestel.net>, <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>,"Bill Turner" <dezrat@copper.net>, <kr2q@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QSL ethics
From: "Trent and Lorraine Sampson" <vk4ti@sampson.net.au>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 07:27:13 +1000
Hi Team,

In VK the format is that the person sits the examinations and is given a
certificate as to qualifications. So I have an Amateur Operator Certificate of
Proficiency. When I have obtained this certificate I then apply to have a
station licensed to a "location". From this point the Callsign VK4TI is
allocated. The same occurs for broadcasting stations. Previously they needed a
Broadcast Operators Certificate of Proficiency standard technician on staff to
operate the licence of the FM or AM Station.

This is why from my perspective I have no grief with the remote station
discussion previously on this list.

Regards

Trent

 Trent and Lorraine Sampson
| PO Box 1647 | Toowoomba QLD  | 4350| Mobile 0408 497550
Ham Radio Call Sign : VK4TI