[CQ-Contest] Cheating....ad nauseum

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Cheating....ad nauseum
From: "Tony Rogozinski" <trogo@telegraphy.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 23:28:40 -0500
"Yes, I want to win," he said, "but I want to win knowing that I have
followed the rules, my rules. If I do not, there is no pleasure in winning,
simply a trophy which I do not feel I deserve. You understand?"

It is absolutely beyond my comprehension why people feel it so important to
win something
that they insist on cheating/breaking the rules.  WHY??????????????    For
goodness sake
does it make one feel they've accomplished something????   But I guess we
can ask the
same question of criminals and people in other sports not just amateur
radio.  I for one
am frankly sick of all the discussion in this regard - it won't be stopped
regardless of what
is done.  Those who wish to cheat will find a way - they'll spend much time
and effort trying
to figure out how to do it - again, like criminals - instead of exerting the
same amount of energy
improving their skills so that they can possibly compete and win legally.
Let's go on to
some other topic PLEASE.

                       Tony Rogozinski
       Amateur Radio W4OI - W4AMR - HK1AR