Re: [CQ-Contest] What I want for Christmas

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] What I want for Christmas
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 19:49:09 -0000
From: "Michael Coslo" <mjc5@psu.edu>

Snip ..

> You are setting up a two tier system of "serious" and "not serious"
> competitor.

We have a two-tier system already.  If you're serious, you
send in a Cabrillo log - an electronic text record of your
QSOs.  If you're not serious, you send in something else or
perhaps don't send in a log.

No one complains now about Cabrillo logs, but there were
plenty of complaints seven years ago. If contest organisers
specify recordings - electronic audio records of your QSOs,
as a condition of entry, they will soon be no more of a
burden than a Cabrillo log, and they will not cost a penny
extra.

Snip ..

> Your vision of future contesting is quite chilling, Jim. Is a guilty
> until proven innocent system,

It will be the same as contesting today, and it will
still be fun.  Audio files would be just another log
verification option.

73,
Paul EI5DI