Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating with Packet

To: "DL8MBS" <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating with Packet
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:19:00 -0500
> Tom, I think it is unfair to denouce hams as whiners when
> they discuss
> cheating.\

Perhaps you haven't been following the thread closely.

Some people aren't making sense or even offering solutions.
They are using this as a forum to open the door to generally
degrading anyone who is successful.

It even sank as low as "we used to work hard, but now anyone
with hardware can be a good operator". It's time to stop all
that stuff.

None of this is constructive, unless the goal is to see how
creative people can be in making up excuses for their lack
of success.

Packet is wrong if it isn't claimed properly. So are about a
dozen other things that go on, some even much more obvious.
We all know that. Why whine endlessly without offering
solutions? Why degrade others who are more successful or
keep up with technology?

73 Tom