Topband: 160 Meter QRM from WRJS

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 Meter QRM from WRJS
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:59:36 -0500
We have another AM BC station that has been running amuck on
160. I got a positive ID on it tonight. It is WRJS in
Swainsboro GA. According to the FCC database (might not be
current) they are supposed to run 23 watts at night on 1590
kHz. They are, with 23W, 30-40 over nine on 1590 and
producing about S7 garbage on 160 well after dark.

You might misinterpret the signal as power line noise unless
you switch to a wide filter on AM and listen carefully.

They have wideband very distorted noise and audio byproducts
from above the BC band all across 160. Anyone else in the SE
hearing that junk please email me. I'm in particular looking
for someone in the Swainsboro or Emanuel county Georgia
area.

Be nice to get it fixed before the 160 contest.

73 Tom