Re: [CQ-Contest] Another way to be a lid

To: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>,Shelby Summerville <k4ww@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Another way to be a lid
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 19:00:52 -0700
Many times I will match the sending stations speed, if he cqs at 45.. I answer
at 45...
and if the rx signal is strong, he might get a second chance at hearing my
response...
if not.. he might not get any further tries, unless... unless he slows plenty,
and then is polite.
To repeatedly ask for fills at 45.. then finally get the qsl.. again at 45...
only when the response was sent 4 - 5 times... ever slower... only to finally
get it at 18.. indicates a problem somewhere...   where would you look to
correct it?
  Maybe not respond to that station next contest... ?  He can always make up
one more Q somewhere else... and I don't have to have him right?--... ...--Dale
- WC7S in Wy> Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 09:38:50 -0700> From: w0mu@w0mu.com> To:
k4ww@arrl.net> CC: cq-contest@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Another
way to be a lid> > I try to slow down the first time I work someone in the
contest. I > usually don't the next time unless they have trouble. I noticed
many > people were slowing down parts of their calls and names. B's are tough >
for me.> > Shelby Summerville wrote:> > Art Boyars wrote: "I was calling CQ and
got the beginning of a response when > > K1DG called in, louder and faster."> >
> > IMHO, the main reason, for stations answering a CQ, to adjust their speed
to > > the station calling CQ, not necessarily the speed that they were using?
> > Aside from deliberate QRM, just about nothing aggravates me more than the >
> above mentioned scenario! I realize that my copy speed isn't where it > >
could/should be, and I can live with that, but a bit of consideration, from > >
others, could/would go a long way!> > > > C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW > >