[CQ-Contest] Yet another way to be a lid

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Yet another way to be a lid
From: "Art Boyars" <art.boyars@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:30:57 -0500
I guess I need somebody to review my text before I post here.

I do not know how I gave the impression that I was complaining that K1DG came
back faster than I was sending, or that he called late.  All I meant was that
he was faster (and louder) than the other guy who was calling.  He was only
about one letter behind the other guy.  Heck, I'd even give him extra credit
for knowing that this particular guy (me) who is CQing at 26 or 28 WPM can
actually copy faster.  (Maybe that's the next thing the data base wizards can
add: using the guy's call sign to automatically adjust your sending speed.)

The "lid" was myself, for not being able to respond quickly, and for blowing
one or two QSOs, and for seeming to ignore responses to my CQ.

And this has turned into a wild example of how these threads get hijacked.
From "how to sound like a lid" we evolve into a discussion of "how to adjust
your CW speed" -- and the Subject never changes!

73, Art K3KU