[CQ-Contest] Locust QSO Party Thursday night

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Locust QSO Party Thursday night
From: Ken Keeler <kenkeeler@jazznut.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 22:27:18 -0800
K6VVA attempted to post an announcement of a novel 51 minute QSO
party on the CQ-Contest  a few days ago.  It was rejected by the
reflector administers, for little justification, stating that it was
"over the top".  I agree that it is an unusual format, but so
what.  Let the contesting community make their own decision on
whether this mini-contest is worthy or not.

Most of the 'big gun' community don't bother with the Thursday night
mini-contests sponsored by NCCC, but many across the country find
these practice events worthwhile, and fun.  The LQP format has
handicapping so that "Little Pistols" with small antennas and no amps
can compete (score-wise) with bigger stations.  Now, that's a novel approach.

Locust QSO Party rules are at:  http://www.k6vva.com/lqp51.  Judge
for yourself whether you want to participate, don't let the reflector
bosses decide for you by rejecting the contest announcement. Whose
reflector is this?

If this message makes it past the censors, I'll know that they are
reasonable men.

N6RO