Re: [CQ-Contest] Self-spotting,arranged QSO's and the CQ 160 contest

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self-spotting,arranged QSO's and the CQ 160 contest
From: "Marijan Miletic" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 15:29:52 +0100
W8JI: I'm not sure that is a good way to get a multiplier or QSO.

I've been operating CQ WW 160m CW since 1972 when YU got permission.
Located in downtown S5 capital Ljubljana with HV transformer station across
the street.
Main QRM source is nearby 300 kW solid state AM TX at 918 kHz with poor
second harmonic filter.

I manage 500+ QSO in "EU zoo" with some 5% DX in good condx.
This year I went assisted against boredom and used ON4KST chat for the first
time.
There were two rare EU mults who operated for hours in impossible 1836-7 kHz
region.
I got chat attention of one and moved it 15 kHz away from BCI.

I don't feel bad about it! I am strongly against remote internet RX.

I noticed few multi-op stations trying to get attention of Top Band DX-ers.
Beware that DX Cluster technology and interet are available for 20+ years.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU