[CQ-Contest] CQ 160 Post Mortem

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ 160 Post Mortem
From: "Tom Taormina" <Tom@k5rc.cc>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 08:57:33 -0800
I could not be more pleased with KY7M?s performance at my station in the CQ
160 Contest (1,119-57-34-326,417). He even outscored the West Coast King of
160 (N6TR) who operated 6.5 hours more and was multiop.

A big plus to my station this last year has been the full-size ¼ wave
transmit vertical with ground radials (and 2? of snow). An even bigger plus
is the DX Engineering 4 Square RX antenna. This is the fourth contest we
have used the DXE array and it has opened a new world for us on 160. It is a
pricey antenna, but I can?t say enough about how much better it is than any
other RX antennas I have tried over the last 30 years.

Tom Taormina, K5RC

Virginia City NV

 <http://www.k5rc.cc> www.k5rc.cc

FOC 1760