[CQ-Contest] Let's just get on with it...

To: "CQ contest reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Let's just get on with it...
From: "Chris Tran GM3WOJ" <zl1ct@gm7v.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 08:43:28 -0000
Hello all

There have been some interesting threads recently, addressing issues which
are long-overdue, but they must have left a newcomer to contesting wondering
"why bother with 'unassisted' contesting at all, when you are up against
cheats using the DX cluster, chat rooms, real-time scoreboards, CW skimmers
etc ?" - my answer to this question is simple - I don't want to use any of
these, because I *know* contesting is much more fun without them.

I go into my shack, I ignore the internet and I work stations - with no-one
else helping me in any way. When I leave the shack I know that however well
or badly *I've* done in that contest is entirely up to my own technical
knowledge, propagation knowledge, my preparation of the station and
antennas, and my operating skills during the event.

No, I am not 'anti-technology' and yes I do think contest sponsors need to
get a grip on all this. Let's see some disqualifications scientifically
based on recent statistical work, rather than rumour or envy.

All I want are some sun-spots, the bands open and big pile-ups.....that's
all I need to enjoy contesting...

73 Chris
GM3WOJ / GM7V / ZL1V