Re: [CQ-Contest] QSL cards

To: <vo1he@rac.ca>, "'Zack Widup'" <w9sz@prairienet.org>, <Badge42@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QSL cards
From: "Dennis McAlpine" <dbmcalpine@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 09:52:28 -0500
For submissions to ARRL DXCC, I put a post-it note on the QSL stating "Use
only 80m QSO only" or "Use 7 MHz QSO only" and I have not been charged for
the other QSOs on the same QSL.  Of course, using LotW is even simpler.

When I moved here to SC a year or so ago, I went through an extensive look
at QSL makers and finally settled on UX5UO.  I had him do two different
QSLs; one was a full color photo on the front with QSO info and data on the
back and the other was a simple two-color QSL for responding to buro QSLs. I
sent him several photos and suggestions and he sent back a proposed design
layout which I modified a bit and returned. He did an excellent job on both
versions, the price was very good and the delivery was quick.  Check out his
website for details and samples. (I have no involvement with him other than
being a happy customer).

If you are a member of a radio club, you might also investigate the idea of
a simple club card with one background and individual CALL, address, etc.
printed onto that background.  These can run from the simple to the extreme
but they work well and are usually pretty reasonably priced.  On top of
that, they also help promote your local club.

BTW, I print QSO data on labels, using DXBase, and put up to three QSOs per
label.  The only suggestion that I have had was that I sign across the label
or stamp it just to authenticate it.  I have not done that yet.

73,

Dennis, K2SX