[CQ-Contest] Reverse Beacon" Test using CW Skimmer

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Reverse Beacon" Test using CW Skimmer
From: "José Nunes CT1BOH" <ct1boh@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 18:19:36 +0000
>N4ZR wrote
>I have an 20M Softrock Lite listening on ~14000-14090 KHz with a beta CW
>Skimmer program by VE3NEA that has Telnet capability. (...) If Skimmer
"hears" you,
>it will send a DX spot out via Telnet
Pete

This is a fantastic idea.
I thing that I really dislike, is to see a particular station spotted 200
times during a Contest and another competitor just spotted 100 times. It is
most unfair, and we all know how important it is to be spotted.

By doing a reverse beacon fed into the packet system, all stations on the
band will be spotted.
Democracy finally arrives into the packet world!

Thanks!
José Nunes
CONTEST CT1BOH - http://www.qsl.net/ct1boh