[CQ-Contest] K = "Kilo" or does it? One last dig

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] K = "Kilo" or does it? One last dig
From: kr2q@optonline.net
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 22:49:40 +0000 (GMT)
OK...I just have to share this.

During the ARRL DX SSB, I worked one of our reflectorees from the beautiful
Carib.
I gave my call, using phonetics, in the "usual" way (for me):
KILOWATT RADIO TWO QUEBEC

I quick exchange was followed IMMEDIATELY by,
"Was that Kilo Whiskey Radio 2 Quebec?"

I almost fell out of my chair...what was this guy drinking?

I told him, "you had it right the first time" wondering what kind of moron I
had just worked.
1.5 seconds later it hit me and dumped it back in, "Oh...I get it, I get it."

VERY FUNNY OM!

LOL

de Doug KR2Q

PS he can identify himself if he wishes to - clearly a funny man