[CQ-Contest] PJ2T Needs WPX Ops

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] PJ2T Needs WPX Ops
From: ghoward@kent.edu
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 13:22:38 -0400
Contesters,

This has been The Year of the Cancellation at PJ2T. Seems like we've
lost more operators than we've scheduled, all because of unforeseeable
problems with health, families, or work.

We have me (W0CG), N4RV, K2PLF, and W9JUV scheduled for our Multi-
Single effort in WPX SSB. It'd be more fun with more people, and based
on the just completed ARRL contests the Caribbean may be the only
place in the world to make a QSO or two. (We did about 15,000 in CW
and SSB combined.)

Curacao is served by American Airlines through Miami. Lodging would be
at Sunset Waters Beach Resort "next door" to the station at something
like $129/day including all meals and, er, beverages. Sunset Waters
has a great beach and all watersports, and an excellent swimming pool
for XYLs and friends. For shared station expenses, the PJ2T club adds
up the cost of each operation and then simply divides by the number of
ops to cover our budget. More ops means fewer shared dollars per
person. With three ops it is around five hundred bucks each and you
can figure it down from there if we are able to add some more people.

It has been 80s and sunny, with good easterly tradewinds every day for
the past couple of months. Perfect weather. There's a very
professional dive operation next door if you like SCUBA, and the
snorkeling at the station is excellent.

Also, there would be nothing wrong with your coming just for a quick
weekend if your schedule doesn't permit a full week: arrive on
Thursday or Friday (March 27 or 28), operate, and then fly out on
Monday. The station will be ready if you want or need to do a commando-
raid type of visit.

Internet access at the station is via DSL at about 130K if you need to
keep up with work while here.

Interested?

    73,

       - Geoff, W0CG, PJ2DX