[CQ-Contest] WPX SSB - Operators Needed

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX SSB - Operators Needed
From: David 6Y1V <david@6y1v.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 01:27:28 -0500 (CDT)

Greetings,

I have positions available for the WPX SSB contest the end of this month. The
group that had previously reserved the station has cancelled.

We have never operated WPX from this location, so you will embark on a new
venture and be the first to have the opportunity to put 6Y1V on the top in WPX
SSB. Operators having experience with WPX contests are preferred.

There are no fees for operating at 6Y1V, other than your cost to get to
Jamaica, lodging if you choose to stay at a resort instead of the shack, and
your food and beverages.

All information about the station can be found at www.6y1v.com , including my
contact information.

The station provides unlimited operating time before and after the contest. If
you have never operated from the Caribbean, you will be amazed when you
experience the propagation. If you have previously operated from the Caribbean,
you will be equally amazed with the antenna system at 6Y1V.

Whether you prefer running Europe in the morning (the middle of their
aftrnoon) on 40 meters with a stack of 3/3 full sized yagis, Japan on our 80
meter four square, Asia in the afternoon on 20 meters or you are a day time
operator and prefer pointing a stack of 6/6 on 15 meters at Europe and running
stations all day, the antenna systems art 6Y1V deliver. Even 160 meters
provides quiet dx opportunities such as you have never heard before.

For those that prefer to relax and work the WARC bands, 6Y1V provides stacked
3/3 on 30, 4/4 on 17 and 12 meters.

If you are interested in this short notice opportunity, please let me know via
email ASAP.

I am currently in Europe until the 19th, but have internet access and Skype.

David ~ 6Y1V