[CQ-Contest] qrp-declaration...

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] qrp-declaration...
From: DL8MBS <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:47:57 +0100
If detecting cheaters by monitoring stations is an aim (a good one I
think) why not better add a power designator to the exchange like H, L,
Q (RDXA already being a contest with a REAL exchange)? It is only one
additional character and sent by EVERY station - not coming out of the
blue like every 23rd station being qrp and sending something cryptic
with a slash.

I do some QRP-contesting and it would take an armed man in my shack to
make me send an additional /qrp - if it were allowed in DL and not
making me multi-op ;-)  I´m thankful for every guy on the other end
taking the time for more than one request about call and serial number.
Should I also torture him with guessing what´s behind the slash? IMHO NO.

But: RDXC is a great contest!

Only my two eurocents.
73, Chris

(www.dl8mbs.de)