[CQ-Contest] RDXC /qrp

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] RDXC /qrp
From: kr2q@optonline.net
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 01:20:39 +0000 (GMT)
Well, I think that I qualify to address the topic of QRP contesting, so.....

1.  I have never done the RDXC before, but I will play this year.  It is
clearly a BIG contest.

2.  I have never signed /QRP in a contest before (well, maybe one or two Q's).

3.  I am willing to give the RDXC boys the benefit of the doubt.  If they
suggest signing /QRP,
I am willing to give it a try.  Their progress has been steady and in the right
direction.  It does
seem like "extra" to send when calling a CQer, but I have often wondered how
many guys
don't bother to answer my CQ cuz they assume I am QRO and figure that if I"m
that weak
there, well, I'll never hear them.  If they KNEW I was qrp (when I'm calling
CQ), maybe they'd
be more willing to give me a call.  Not having done this "experiment," I don't
know the answer.

4.  I am sure that if you can't sign "/QRP" that you could easily sign DL2ABC
followed
immediately by "qrp" instead of "/qrp."  It would have the same effect.

5.  There has probably already been more comments posted on this subject than
there
will be QRP entrants.

Again, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and give it a try.  If it's a
flop, I'm sure they
will amend the rules for next year.

de Doug KR2Q