[CQ-Contest] Multiple Locations, Remote or otherwise

To: p.piercey@nl.rogers.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Multiple Locations, Remote or otherwise
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:17:25 EDT

In a message dated 3/17/2008 10:03:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
p.piercey@nl.rogers.com writes:

What is  the problem with using multiple remote locations?
> Why is   this any different from what I do in CW SS, operating
> from several  different  physical stations during the course
> of the  contest?
>
> 73  -  Jim    K8MR

Do you operate the same call from multiple stations during a  contest or do
you use varying callsigns at these different  locations?

73 -- Paul VO1HE

I operate with different calls (the host's call) from each station. All  the
radios are unique to each station, keeping in line with the one call per
transmitter rule. I enter separate logs for each station.

That way I become a new station every six hours or so, so I get to work
everyone several times during the weekend.

Thus the rate goes **UP** as the contest goes on, as I become  a more and
more precious commodity, a new station. Sunday afternoon is  not a drag!

My personal challenge is to "beat" the national winner,  i.e. WP3R.  That is,
the sum of my individual scores is more than  the winner's score.  Some
years, if propagation is decent, I do.   Other years, especially when there are
disturbed conditions, I  don't.

I find it somewhat perplexing that more people have not taken up this
approach to SS, as it is one heck of a lot of fun.

73   -    Jim    K8MR