Re: [CQ-Contest] [SEDXC] 23 Days until the Georgia QSO Party

To: ku8e@bellsouth.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [SEDXC] 23 Days until the Georgia QSO Party
From: Tad Williamson <ironbutttad@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 07:05:08 -0700 (PDT)
II'm still planning on operating from Seminole State Park down in Seminole
County.  Probably a mix of CW / SSB / RTTY -- 80-10 meters with possibly some 6
if the band opens up.  I'm planning on being in there for all of both 10 hour
stretches.  Antennas will be a compromise with a OCF dipole at around 30 feet
(or higher if I can find the right trees) and a Hy-Gain 18AVS vertical.   I'm
guessing I will probably not have internet access of any kind so spot me if you
hear me.
  If any of the rovers or anyone else wants to visit and/or operate, feel free.
  73 and good luck to all, Tad, WF4W

ku8e@bellsouth.net wrote:
  The 2008 Georgia QSO Party is only 4 weekends away. The GQP team is working
hard to get GA stations to get on the air. We will have our usual contingent of
rover and mobile operations. We also
have commitments from many fixed stations to activate their county. You might
not realize that
Georgia has the 2nd most counties in the USA at 159 counties. Last year's out
of state
winner Jerry, K5YAA, worked all the counties except for 13 of them.

If you are within driving distance of GA and like mobile contesting consider
making a trip to GA.
My mobile partner K4BAI and I consistantly have made around 2K QSO's in the
last several years in our mobile operation. The pileups are the next best thing
to going on a Dxpedition without leaving the country.

We also have a great plaque program and will be running our bonus prize
competition that we implemeted last year for the stations that work the most GA
counties. We also have added 160 and 6 meters and will allow RTTY contacts.
Checkout gqp.contesting.com for all the details.

Jeff KU8E

"What a long, strange trip it's been"

The Grateful Dead

Truckin'