Re: [CQ-Contest] Searchable Online CQ Archive Complete

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Searchable Online CQ Archive Complete
From: W6SX Hank Garretson <w6sx@npgcable.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 16:38:19 -0700
At 02:10 PM 24 03 2008, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:

>Searchable Online CQ Archive Complete
>
>(Hicksville, NY / Mineral, VA) - CQ Communications, Inc. of Hicksville, New
>York, publisher of CQ Amateur Radio magazine, and Buckmaster Publishing of
>Mineral, Virginia, jointly announce that Buckmaster's searchable
>online archive
>of CQ magazine back issues, dating back to the magazine's first issue in
>January 1945, is now complete. The searchable archive may be accessed via the
>internet at http://hamcall.net/cq or via a one-click link from the CQ website
>homepage at http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com.

This is great.  For unknown reasons W2NSD popped into my head a few
days ago, which got me thinking of CQ Magazine of old, which got me
thinking of Scratchi.  If you don't know who Scratchi was, go to the
archives and do a search.  It's a hoot!

(To read complete Scratchi before September 1952, you need an archive
subscription.  Starting September 1952, Scratchi was in the first ten
pages of the magazine, so archive subscription is not needed.)

73,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light