Re: [CQ-Contest] Searchable Online CQ Archive

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Searchable Online CQ Archive
From: "n5lz" <n5lz@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:11:16 -0600
Speaking of 73 Magazine, does anyone remember the 73 Magazine sponsored
contests?  In 1987 they announced and hyped the 73 Magazine National
Championship, and 73 Magazine Single Band Championships.  They promoted the
contests in their magazine, with W2NSD at the helm, and stirred up a huge
amount of contest activity.   I spent considerable time in those contests
and submitted paper logs for them all.   But 73 Magazine dropped the ball
and never published the results.   I dropped my subscription after that, and
didn't shed a single tear when the magazine folded.

Don, N5LZ