Re: [CQ-Contest] Subject: "Reverse Beacon" Progress Report

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Subject: "Reverse Beacon" Progress Report
From: <k2kw-8@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 6:39:56 -0700
>Many people have
> reported sending CQ with their antennas pointed in the appropriate
> direction and seeing themselves "spotted" with seconds.

I fear one of the most enjoyable parts of contesting are gone:  the thrill of
tuning across a rare mult calling CQ for the first time, and you nab him on
first call since the packet pileup hasn't hit yet.

Or when a rare mult is CQing under a bunch of big guns, yet you call the mult
and work him through the big guns since the mult can't hear them.

If Skimmer responds so quickly, packet pileups will too.

Sigh.

Kenny K2KW

This message was approved by someone who will benefit from Skimmer from time to
time too.