Re: [CQ-Contest] Rule Change Debate on Skimmer

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rule Change Debate on Skimmer
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:04:07 -0500 (CDT)
Someone is going to have fun programming that!

It DOES happen once in a while that a rare DX entity gets on in a contest
and gets a pileup.  Suddenly they are working people "5 up". The robot
program would have to recognize that the DX is on one frequency and the
pileup is 5 kHz up and the robot would have to call the DX into the
pileup 5 kHz up.  If it calls on top of the DX it will get a lot of
people mad and if it calls the stations in the pileup no one is going to
come back to it.

73, Zack W9SZ