Re: [CQ-Contest] SKIMMER = BUMMER

To: k1ttt@arrl.net, 'CQ Contest Reflector' <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SKIMMER = BUMMER
From: Julius Fazekas <phriendly1@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 06:22:17 -0700 (PDT)
I don't know that anyone is proposing a complete or
even partial ban on the technology. It definitely has
benefits, as does any code reading technology,
particularly getting non-CW folks started on CW.

But, if you take away a goal to strive towards, top
player in the unassisted category, then it might as
well be only another data mode... IMHO

73,
Julius

--- David Robbins K1TTT <k1ttt@arrl.net> wrote:

> > > ....... To deny those who
> > > lack your particular skill set and dedication
> the ability
> > > to participate in a significant portion of
> contests would
> > > go a long way toward hastening the demise of
> contesting -
> > > at least CW contesting.
> >
> > No, Joe. Turning it into just another datamode
> will hasten the demise of
> > CW contesting.
> >

> Making it possible to work it like 'just another
> datamode' will allow the
> new generation of licensees who didn't have to pass
> a cw test to operate cw
> and keep cw contesting alive longer.  Maybe even
> some of them will learn to
> copy without the computer after a while.
>

> David Robbins K1TTT
> e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
> web: http://www.k1ttt.net

Julius Fazekas