[CQ-Contest] the SECOND GENUINE advantage with Skimmer (still no joke)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] the SECOND GENUINE advantage with Skimmer (still no joke)
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 00:02:31 +0000 (GMT)
I'll assume that Dave (TTT) and others have it correct in that Skimmers will be
directed into
spotting nets (packet/internet/etc) when used by whomever ends up being allowed
to use
it (minimally, multi-op and assisted entrants).

Therefore, more GENUINE ADVANTAGES of Skimmer will include:

1.  Fraudulent (prohibited) self-spotting will be unnecessary.  K1TTT will be
"out of
business" in terms of reporting self-spotters (I hope).  I must admit that I
always enjoy
reading his analyses, though.

2.  Cheerleader squads will no longer be necessary, nor will they provide a
potentially
unfair advantage to those stations who are spotted less often.

de Doug KR2Q