[CQ-Contest] 7QP this Saturday; ATTN: AZ & NM ops

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 7QP this Saturday; ATTN: AZ & NM ops
From: "Milt, N5IA" <n5ia@eaars.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 23:16:20 -0700
The Eastern AZ Amateur Radio Society (EAARS) will be operating multi-multi,
two county line expedition (Field Day style setup, Low Power) in the 7th
District QSO Party this coming Saturday, May 3rd.

Our group had some operator cancellations due to work conflicts and family
situations.  This leaves our group a bit short of CW operators in
particular.

This is an open invitation to anyone in the southern AZ, southern NM, El
Paso area of TX, (or anywhere else) to come join with us for a great 18 hour
contest.  Our location is on the Graham and Greenlee County line in
southeastern AZ, in the high desert.  Driving time from Phoenix is ~3.5
hours, from Tucson ~2.5 hours, Las Cruces ~2.5 hours and El Paso ~3.5 hours.

This is a dry camp with no trees and no on site water.  There is plenty of
space for campers and/or travel trailers.  There will be a porta-potty on
site.  The location is just one mile of paved US Hwy 70 on a well graded,
graveled ranch road.  There will be generators running for power if you
need.  Bring your own extension cord.

There will be someone on site starting Thursday, May 1st and we will not be
leaving until mid-day, Sunday the 4th.  The operating time is from 6 AM to
midnight, local AZ MST.

There will be plenty of opportunity to operate both SSB and CW, or both.  So
come along for a weekend out in the country.

EAARS is a serious participant in the 7QP.  For a look at photos, soapbox,
and last years results, you can go to............

http://www.codxc.com/new/Page.asp?Content=7QP2&Page=4  Last year's results
and writeup

http://www.codxc.com/new/Page.asp?Content=7QP2&Page=5  Last year's Soap Box
comments

http://www.codxc.com/new/PicPage.asp?Content=7QPFOTOS_2007&Page=2  Last
year's photos

If anyone is interested, please reply to me direct and I will answer any
further questions and also send a detailed map of the local access.

73, de Milt, N5IA