Re: [CQ-Contest] How many more creative subjects using "skimmer"arethere

To: "'Ted Bryant'" <w4nz@comcast.net>, "'Tree'" <tree@kkn.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How many more creative subjects using "skimmer"arethere?
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 11:43:38 +0000
Yes, cw skimmer itself can record the raw iq data for later user.  It only
provides a demodulator that goes up to 700hz for cw use.  Also there are
other apps that come with the sdr's that can record the raw data.  Sdr-iq
has their control app called spectravue that records anything and can
playback and demodulate ssb, am, fm, and cw(but not decode it)... you could
of course playback the ssb audio and use external fsk, psk, or other sound
card apps to decode the other modes.  PowerSDR is another app that works on
flex-1000, flex-5000, soft rock 40, or pre-recorded files and demodulates
other modes and does some other processing.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net