[CQ-Contest] Proposed State QSO Party Packet Spot Convention

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Proposed State QSO Party Packet Spot Convention
From: "The Trench Family" <cwtrench@sprynet.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 21:41:01 -0400
I propose the following conventions for packet spots of participants in
state and area QSO parties:

Mobiles:        AA3B/County Abbreviation
Rovers: AA3B/County Abbreviation
Fixed:  AA3B

Fixed stations should be spotted without the /county after their call.

This way, we can track mobiles and rovers as they change counties without
looking at the comment fields.

I recognize that some ops might find this convention annoying. If so, they
can filter out the spotting station, i.e., reject/spot [0-9] by AA3B.

Good luck this weekend.  I will only be on part time.

73 Bud AA3B