[CQ-Contest] LOTW

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] LOTW
From: "Bill Parry" <bparry@rgv.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 07:52:37 -0500
I was checking my LOTW QSLs today and a thought just crossed my mind. I have
just crossed the boundary of 9,000 LOTW QSLs. (I am sure that I am a "piker"
compared to many others.) I have 8 file boxes for QSL cards filed in my
closet that have piled up through the years. How many boxes of QSLs would I
have if it weren't for LOTW?

I have a hard time discarding QSL cards but have come up with one good use
for some of those really pretty cards. I have four grandkids and they love
to look at them and find the QTH on a map. I allow them to pick a small
number (usually JA because so many have beautiful pictures) and take them to
school for "show and tell". I give the envelopes w/ stamps to stamp
collectors.

Any other contesters come up with good things to do with QSL cards. Please
don't say you throw them away - even if you do!

Bill W5VX