Topband: New Material Added at K1ZM.com This Week

To: topband@contesting.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: New Material Added at K1ZM.com This Week
From: K1ZM@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 08:46:58 EDT
Hi Gang

Lee WW2DX and I have been busy adding new material to K1ZM.com this week.

Here's some of the new stuff that is there now:

1) Lots of new photos in the photo galleries

2) Lots of new audio bites - including Long Path qso's with A61AJ and XZ1N.
Newest (courtesy of KM3T) is a memorial to Stu Santelman, KC1F, who passed
away recently.  You will also find clips of KH6CC (silent key), what the 160M
DRAGON sounds like in Japan, Qso's with HZ1AB, ZL2BT, HL3IUA and others.

3) Two audio bites are new within the W1BB portion of the site - including
Stew himself on SSB working EI8H and others.  The other is Stew working his
DXCC
counter number 150 on 160m CW.

4) We've shortened the size of the files on the Marconi powerpoint
presentation making their retrieval more efficient over the weblink

5) There is a new link on the homepage for ordering of DXing on the Edge
....the Thrill of 160M!  PLEASE NOTE THERE IS CURRENTLY A $10 DISCOUNT ON THE
BOOK
NOW RUNNING AT THE ARRL BOOKSTORE - so if you ever were thinking about
picking up a copy of the history of 160m, now is a very good time at the
reduced
price of $19.95.

6) Please note also the instructions photo in the first gallery which
explains how to modify the Audio Peaking Filter (APF) in an FT1000D in order to
restore it back to the original 1991 YAESU specs.  If you own an FT1000D
manufactured after 1993 and really want to improve its CW performance on
Topband, then
"this BUD's for you!"

Hope you enjoy the new material - we will probably be adding some additional
things next week, time permitting.

73 JEFF & Lee Imber, WW2DX (Webmaster) - _lee@ww2dx.com_
(mailto:lee@ww2dx.com)

_K1ZM@aol.com_ (mailto:K1ZM@aol.com)