Re: [CQ-Contest] Stack Switching

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Stack Switching
From: Mike <k4gmh@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 19:18:21 -0400
Hello George,

You can find a schematic of a controller in the June 2004 Potomac Valley
Radio Club Newsletter for keeping from hot-switching the ant. switch at
the URL provided by Vaso:
http://www.pdfdownload.org/pdf2html/pdf2html.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpvrc.org%2FNewsletters%2Fjun04.pdf&images=yes
The anti-hot-switching device has kept me from wiping out the relays
several times while running 1500 W RTTY.
Also, a method of selecting one or the other of two ant. or both in Both
in Phase and Both out of Phase can be found here:
http://www.pdfdownload.org/pdf2html/pdf2html.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpvrc.org%2FNewsletters%2Fdec04.pdf&images=yes
This is the December 2004 Potomac Valley Radio Club Newsletter.

Vaso Nastasic wrote:
> Maybe this can be solution for Your antenna switching
>
> http://sm0w.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=29
>
> Vaso.
>
> On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 4:48 PM, George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net> wrote:
>

>> Fellow contesters,
>>
>> I would like to add a bit more flexibility to my antenna switching
>> systems and I was wondering how others are solving this problem.
>>

>> The example I will give you is my 10 meter tower.
>>
>> Four antennas.
>>
>> - 6 ele OWA that rotates
>> - 6 ele OWA fixed to the northeast
>> - 4 ele Cushcraft fixed to the southeast
>> - 3 ele Mosely fixed to the west
>>
>> Currently I have an Ameritron RCS-8 five position remote switch and I
>> can select the following choices.
>>
>> 1 - Top rotating 6 ele
>> 2 - Both of the OWA antennas in phase with phasing lines
>> 3 - Lower 6 ele fixed northeast
>> 4 - 4 ele southeast
>> 5 - 3 ele west
>>
>> I would like to be able to do a few more combinations of antennas.
>>
>> The stack NE and the SE antenna for example.
>>
>> It would be really nice if I could use the existing relay or
>> something that I already have since my budget is limited.
>>
>> I also have some six position relay switches.
>>
>> I have seen the N4ZR (I think) descriptions of how to use switches
>> like I have to do any or almost any combination of 3 and/or 4
>> antennas. While I do not think I need nor want to be be able to choose
>> every combination of the 4 antennas - I would like to be able to
>> have more choices that I have currently
>>
>> The thing that trips me up when thinking about this is how manage the
>> control.  If anyone is using this system - how are you controlling the
>> switching?
>>

>> --
>> George Fremin III - K5TR
>> geoiii@kkn.net