Re: [CQ-Contest] This is Logic?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] This is Logic?
From: "David Kopacz" <david.kopacz@aspwebhosting.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 07:50:24 -0500
>So very much agree with all below.

>The unassisted category (The Last of the Mohanicans) is held hostage by
those just wanting to debate the term "unassisted".
>By littering the 'redefine the rules' debate the whole contest
situation is getting worse and all is put on hold. Way to go
gentlemen....!

>I love the category where I can only use my own EARS and turn that VFO.

>Please keep THAT category as it was meant for.....!!

>'73 Mark, PA5MW

Mark,

I think we all just like to debate here. It's competitive and it gives
us something to do when were not contesting.

In the end, I have no doubt Skimmer will be correctly relegated to its
rightful place, in the ASSISTED category. In the future, should it
evolve, as some have predicted, to an automated system, it should be
again re-categorized into a robotic category.

If you look at the volume of people that agree with your opinion, that
they wish to tune with their hands and copy with their ears, it is
naturally overwhelming...for now. The sad thing is, code testing was
once considered sacred too. Now look where we are.

Personally, I will be amazed if the contest committee rules makers
permit skimmer to be utilized in the UNASSISTED category beyond contests
occurring this year. If they do, it will be a tremendous disservice to
the contesting community, particularly to those that love CW.

David ~ KY1V