Re: [CQ-Contest] FW: Why have different classes at all?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FW: Why have different classes at all?
From: "Randy Thompson" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 16:53:23 -0000
The WAE and Russian DX Contest (and a number of other European contests)
have already done this.  They might lose entries for the first few years as
people protest the change and then things return to normal.

The biggest losers in this approach are the guys who do enjoy operating in
the classic fashion (just their ears and their radios).  If you look at logs
submitted, they are in the majority and usually at the top of the
competitors so their stake in this decision should not be taken lightly.

I kind of like the idea that some contests mix everything together and some
don't.  CQ WW, as the major DX contest of the world, should stay with
tradition.  Others may have more room to experiment.

Randy, K5ZD