[CQ-Contest] field day

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] field day
From: mike l dormann <w7dra@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 12:19:45 -0700
we had a good article in the local paper about FD. it made me think how
long would it take to get an emergency set up going?

it took one hour and 35 minutes to get a tent table/chair, find my
portable rig (HW16) and get it checked out and lighting a 25 watt bulb.

it took another hour to get up a portable dipole antenna.

i need a Honda portable gen.

i  need to get it together in 35 minutes not 2 hours and 35 minutes.

interesting exercise, worked about 40 stations on 80 and 40 last night,
including N7MAL before bed time.

mike w7dra