[CQ-Contest] Reverse Beacon Network News

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Reverse Beacon Network News
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 08:38:12 -0400
Felipe, PY1NB has implemented a new and useful capability on
http://skimmer.dxwatch.com .  If you want to know which reverse beacon
heard you, when, and on what frequency, you can go to DX Spots in the top
menu, select Spot Search, put your call in, and the site will search its
database and both map and list your last 50 spots.  It goes all the way
back to the beginning of the network in March.

You can also construct filters for spots by band, country, zone and
continent.  Look under DX Spots and select Spot Search.  Want to see what
Europeans have been spotted by North American reverse beacons on 15 or 10,
and when you missed the opening?  Select your options, and voila!

We have reverse beacons now in North and South America and Europe - we
could still use more on the US west coast, in Canada, and in AS, OC and
AF.  Not all are on all the time, so be sure to check back from time to time.

If you'd like to join us, contact me for more info, or check out the imnfo
on the web site.

73, Pete N4ZR