[CQ-Contest] K6VVA - Locust Contest Food Arsenal Additions

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] K6VVA - Locust Contest Food Arsenal Additions
From: "Eric Hilding" <b38@hilding.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:42:51 -0700
For those Contesters like myself who are ?in-between wives? (without an XYL
to serve you food), here are three new additions to my ?LOCUST CONTEST FOOD
ARSENAL? list:

http://www.k6vva.com/locustcontestfood/  (Package Photos)

1.       Krusteaz Oat Bran Pancake Mix yields stuff that
sticks-to-your-ribs, but it also has other ?benefits? :^)  Make ?em fresh
for a pre-Contest breakfast, add sliced bananas, butter & syrup complimented
by a glass of COLD fresh 2% milk.  Make up larger extra ones to have later
cold wrapped around a sliced (lengthwise) banana.  Good ?chewy? stuff.

2.       Café Steamers are extremely tasty.  My favorite is the Grilled
Basil Chicken.  I squeeze some lemon juice on it, and with a glass of
Cabernet, well, it?s *almost* like dining out (alone).

3.       Smokey Robinson?s Red Beans & Rice is sooooo good.   I squeeze
one-half of a lemon into the bowl and mix it up.  Same deal ? with a glass
of Cabernet it rocks!

I am also sharing these FB Contest Food offerings as partial mitigation for
what may be QLF with my new remote-site operation from ?Locust Peak? in the
CW NAQP this weekend.  I have two dedicated ASUS Eee PC?s in a 5Ghz remote
link with only 1ms latency, but the 630/900Mhz processors just don?t cut the
IPSound resource needs mustard).  Please excuse any ?unusual? (hopefully
brief) delays during an exchange.   At least I should be ?louder? than
normal from up there :^)

Tnx & 73?

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust