Re: [CQ-Contest] 2008 ARRL DX Phone Results and opting out

To: Richard DiDonna NN3W <nn3w@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2008 ARRL DX Phone Results and opting out
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 22:28:07 -0700
I believe that has been proposed at least a few times before and the
ARRL has always rejected it out of hand ... usually coupled with some
nonsense about QST being the flagship publication that every league
member should receive.  With more and more meat getting eliminated from
QST, though, and more generalized fluff filling the pages, it seems to
me that QST has become almost a total anachronism that might be more
effectively replaced with a strictly online (presumably unfettered)
version, thereby saving the league lots of money in printing and mailing
costs and saving the rest of us the monthly frustration and aggravation
of trying to dig something useful out of the paper version.  I'd love to
receive either the NCJ or QEX in lieu of QST, but I doubt that will ever
happen.

73,
Dave   AB7E