Re: [CQ-Contest] Reflections on comments about open logs, who's right, w

To: "w5ov@w5ov.com" <w5ov@w5ov.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Reflections on comments about open logs, who's right, who's wrong
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 21:08:46 -0000

> Unless you can provide proof that your claim is valid, you should concede
> that it is not.
>
> 73,
>
> Bob W5OV

But.... but..... but.... Bob, you haven't been following along.

I've already provided mathematical proof that I am right and that you are
wrong and that you are right and that I am wrong, and that we're both right
and that we're both wrong.  (Repeated below)

Have a nice weekend, and CU on NAQP

73, de Hans, K0HB

It is obvious that the opposite of right is left and that three lefts make
a right or 3l = r.

It is also clear that wrong is the opposite of right so -w = r.

So this would make 3l = r = -w which means that 3l = -w. Now, since left is
the opposite of right (-l = r) this would mean l = r = -w, which playing
with the math gives me l = -r = w and so left is the same as wrong (yes, I
could have done this in fewer steps, but I didn't feel like doing that).

Now, since l = w and 3l = r that would make 3w = r. This means that three
wrongs make a right. Of course, since 3 is an odd number, this situation
doesn't work out with any values for r and w except 0
which would mean that r = 0 and w = 0 and l = 0, although the last one I
don't really care about.

This means that right and wrong are mathematically identical and so
classifying things as right or wrong is pointless because both of them are
the same. And since there is no difference between right and wrong, that
would make ME always right and YOU always wrong and isn't that the thing
that CQ-CONTEST is all about?

73, de Hans, K0HB
Just a boy playing with algebr