Re: [CQ-Contest] QST or NCJ??

To: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QST or NCJ??
From: Charles Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 09:15:09 -0400

On 8/1/2008 Tom Osborne wrote:

...snip...

> I don't know how many more articles on how to build a a 10,000mhz
> transverter we need to read.  I've always wondered just how many people
> build those things.  When reading the results of the UHF contests, it seems
> as though most people are using commercial equipment, just like on HF.

...snip...

I'm going to tell you another secret of the Magazine Business - they print what
they get!

I know we've seen a whole bunch of articles on Microwave contesting/building
microwave transceivers.  Have you noticed a lot of them are written by the same
person?  A magazine CAN'T publish stuff that people don't write.  Write up an
interesting contesting article, with photos, that is at the appropriate level
for QST, and I'll bet folks it gets published.  If it's too complex, it'll end
up over at NCJ

--
73 de KG2V

For the Children - RKBA!

If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is opinion.
 --Lazarus Long