Re: [CQ-Contest] Some thoughts on uniques, was: 99% of uniques are buste

To: "CQ-Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Some thoughts on uniques, was: 99% of uniques are busted
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 17:21:04 -0400
During the 1984 ARRL DX contest, I heard FG7CM calling CQ.  Being this was
my first time "solo," I called him, only to find that he wasn't in the
contest.  Still, he was kind enough to give me a QSO, we chatted for a
moment, and then he decided to go QRT.

As I recall, several other stations called him, but there was no answer.

Yes, I did get his QSL card.

Now... under today's rules and procedures on uniques, would that QSO get
automatically flagged as a unique -- and ruled suspect or outright bounced
as a result?  Especially if I had been competitive enough to qualify for an
award?